Sunday, October 18, 2009

short note

Goodness, I hope we aren't settling into a routine of post once a week. Of course, if nothing ever happens, there isn't much to write about. Funny that you mention Wilno, Beth. I actually got a check from them for a wall hanging last week. Quite unexpected. There's still some stuff there, but I imagine it's getting a little shop worn and not likely worth paying to have sent back to me. The machine went into the shop Thursday afternoon. so I gave myself permission to play a little. I got out Lorraine's old Elna. It just didn't sound right, so I thought I better clean it out, and got out the manual to see how to take the throat plate off. Whoops! I had been oiling in the wrong place for the past few years. A little oil in the right place and now it sounds much better. I had thought that I might have to take it in for servicing as well. But I'm sure finding out how dependent I've become on some of the features of the Pfaff. I actually have to thread the neeedle on the Elna!

We're packed and ready to go, but we told Amber we'd pick her up at about 11:00, and it's only 8:30. Mind you we still have to buy both breakfast and gas. I get to eat oatmeal at Starbuck's but David is heading for Tim's for one of their breakfast sandwiches. I'm having to be much more careful since stopping that anti-cholesterol pill. We probably won't eat again until super, so I like to make sure we have a good breakfast. Not too much coffee--bathrooms are few and far between on #59. David prefers that hwy when we have lots of time, and there is a grocery store in Thief River Falls that carries a fantastic selection of cake and muffin mixes. Funny the things that we get excited about!

We usually don't get much traffic on Hallowe'en. We don't worry about it unless we are planning to be home. One package of chocolate bars usually does the trick. I just finished a book --British detective series--by Stuart Pawson. The book was The Judas Sheep, and the detective was Charlie Priest. It was sort of fun--lots of terrible puns--and I think I'm going to look for more in the series. Have either of you ever read anything by him?

No comments:

Post a Comment