Saturday, October 10, 2009

Happy dance!

It seems that I have been juried into the MB Craft Council sale, for the end of November. Happy! Happy! Happy! I had thought I might have screwed up my chances when I mouthed off to Tammy in Neepawa. It's been a few years since MCC has had a sale, and I know they have high hopes for this one. Now, the entry deadline was extended--I wonder if it was because so few people applied??Hm-m-m. Maybe they were so desperate that they took everyone. Who cares?! I'm in!!

I had a hard time getting to sleep last night, and then realized that the bedroom was quite light. the snow outside made for a very well-lit night and that included the inside. I think I experience this once a year with the first snowfall, and then forget until a year later. I'm supposed to drive out to Steinbach tomorrow, with my friend Rose Anne, but I'm going to wait until bedtime to make a .final decision. In the paper this morning was a list of the pile ups that occurred yesterday. A ten car pile up on Henderson, 8 cars at Regent and Lagimodiere, more at Dugald Rd and the Perimeter. amber had called just after supper, asking if we could watch the girls while she shopped for glasses. She had already spent 1 1/2 hours in the eyeglass store earlier in the day, and I was feelling like crap, so said "no". I also told her that she shouldn't be taking those children out on country roads in the storm. I'm sure glad I did and hoping that she stayed home. She had been over earlier in the day, and we had spent some time cutting snowflakes out of freezer paper--part of the preparations she is making for the work children's Christmas party. I had just finished tidying up the studio, and was about to start a new project. Well, I had to tidy up again.

I've been playing with beads. This has meant an adjustment in my thinking. I was planning out a small beading project, and realized that I was thinking like a stitcher--choosing threads and figuring out what stitch I was going to use where. So, now I'm going through the same exercise, but having to plan where I'm going to be putting beads--not stitches. A whole new way of thinking. But this will probably have to be put aside, while I make sure that there is stock for the two sales I now have. Whoopee! Maybe there'll be money for Christmas after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment