Wednesday, October 7, 2009

I was right

That damn tooth is turning out to be expensive. It is my first upper right incisor. It has been pegged, root canaled and crowned, in the past. Now it's probably cracked and will have to come out. They are sending me to an endodontist to see if there is any remote chance that the root canal has failed and re-doing the root canal might save the tooth, but they're not optimistic. So, if the tooth is pulled, they would still want to wait awhile for it to settle down before making any sort of bridge. So a TEMPORARY denture with ONE tooth on it will cost me between $500-$600. And since it's right in the front of my face, this isn't an option. Then the bridge will mean that teeth on both sides of it will have to be re-crowned. This will cost between $2500 and$3500. Another option would be to have an implant for $5500 or more. ONE TOOTH!!

Then yesterday the decision was made to cancel my class in Brandon for lack of registration. Thank goodness I haven't spent a lot on supplies. Still, I've finished the notes, and have a lot of samples, so I can still offer the class. But the samples I've been working on this week will be finished and offered at the sale coming up in early November. I had been sort of counting on the fees for the class to help pay for a couple of days down south, but that'll teach me to "count chickens before they hatch". We are going Oct 18-19, and Amber will be with us. She is anxious to visit a store for large women that sells lingerie. She pays up to $150 for her bras here but can get an equivelent bra there for about $35. Since I have a problem finding bras that fit, I'm anxious to try this place too. And, of course, I need to look for beads.

All of the children and grandchildren will be here for Thanksgiving. We'll have to eat early so that Loren's children can be returned to their mother by 6:30, but, at least, we'll see them. I tried yesterday to convince David that we should have cheesecake instead of pumpkin pie for dessert. He's okay with cheesecake ( I knew he would be) but drew the line at pumpkin cheese cake. I think I'll probably serve both. Normally this would be the time for the fall Lion Ceremony, but poor lion never made it out last spring. I'll have to make sure he gets out next year.

The garden is just about ready for winter, but we still haven't been to the lake to close down. It really has to be done within the next week or so. The nights are below freezing now, and that cottage isn't insulated well enough to protect the piping. There is also a wood carver in Kenora who has been given permission to scrounge deadfall, but doesn't want to go unless there is someone there. I'm sure he would rather do it before snowfall.

No comments:

Post a Comment