Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Be - Recipes?

Funny you should ask about recipes as I have just made a new dish called Chunky Pumpkin Chili. I bought some of the ingredients I needed today in North Bay as I was up to have my violin lesson - every Tuesday at 2:30 pm. It is cooling now before I place it in the fridge but a few small spoonfuls seem to please the palate. Has pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spice as part of the whole recipe which also has beef and chili powder and tomatoes, kidney beans etc. The leftover pumpkin puree from the can I will turn into muffins tomorrow. I had most of the ingredients on hand anyway except the fresh meat. Another new recipe I am trying will be for lunch at Mothers on Thursday - it is from the last Whats Cooking magazine and called Cheesy Chicken Pot Pie with cooked chicken, cheese, vegetables, cream of chicken soup and covered with refridgerated crescent dinner rolls although I bought the crescent roll tubes as they were on sale today. I will make most of it up tomorrow and then finish off in the oven at Mothers for lunch. What sorts of ideas would you like - I would imagine easy and simple. Slow cooker recipes are probably the best for you with your working during the day- you can put something on as you leave and come home to the delicious smell of supper. One meal I really love, besides Mom's Salmon Loaf, is French Meat Roll made with ground beef rolled into a tea biscuit dough - it is really good, and fast to make. I believe that you Patty put me onto this one?
I had a good day today which is surprising - little things made me happy. For example, I found a package of red licorice in my carrying bag that I had bought last week but forgotten all about until I was packing the bag for my trip to North Bay today. At the same time I rummaged through all my sewing stuff to find some interfacing that I knew I had ( rather than to buy more in North Bay) and found a book I had wanted to find with beading instructions. I had been tempted to look for a new book in the store today but now really happy I found this one. Simple things but they made my day in a small way! Small but significant achievements seem to keep me going on a day to day basis - as silly as that sounds.
Calling for poor weather tomorrow and the rest of the week ie SNOW! I have to go to Huntsville on Friday for my Doctors appt and annual physical. Would be a shame to have to miss this as I have been looking forward to it for some time now, NOT.
I bought a movie today - it is French. Now there is a really long story to this tale but time does not allow me to go into much detail. I really wanted the CD of music from the person who did the music for the movie but I guess in going into this French Store in North Bay to order it, it got "lost in translation" some how? Maybe someday I'll feel like watching a movie in French called Maman est Chez le Coiffure because it is now mine.
Well, enough rambling for now... I heard that Valdy is playing in Mattawa right now, a town near North Bay. Did he stay with you Cathy?
Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment