Sunday, October 4, 2009

Restful Weekends

Why is it that I look so forward to the weekend so I can relax and then I end up doing things all weekend. I came home right from work on Friday (skipped meat draw) I was going to sit and veg out. I cleaned, cooked, peeled, chopped and froze the last of the beets. I put on a pot of tomato junk to simmer. Did dishes. Sat down at about 7:45 just as Jim got home. He asked if I had had a nice rest!! Saturday I bagged and froze all the junk. Went to the office and cleaned while Jim went to a funeral. I figured it must have been a long funeral cause he never came back to help. Went down to the legion at about 11:45 to leave a message for him in case he showed up while I was in town. He was sitting there with a whole group. They had all gone there after the funeral and he said he was going to call me if I didn't show up! The nerve! Went home and puttered a bit and then headed back to town to work at a legion supper. I think I must be dangerous, because I turned on the dishwasher and sprayed water all over myself. Later I was rinsing a bowl and sprayed too hard and covered myself in left over coleslaw. Then even later I dumped horseradish down my shirt! Not a good evening. Got home at about 8:30 and was just beat. I decided that today I would do nothing. Well, three loads of wash are done and I hand washed a bunch of dishes. I made a big pot of "clean out the fridge" soup and sorted all the tomatoes in the garage. It is now 10 am. I think I will rest. Jim is on his second bowl of soup. He says it is good. At last a success! I have two meetings this week and Jim is supposed to take Carl to Winnipeg. He has to be there on both the 7th & 8th. I think Jim may stay over with him. I'm not really bitching about my weekend. I actually think it is kind of funny how our lives go. Everything I did was by choice. I could have refused to work the supper and done nothing all weekend but I chose not to. I guess deep down we all have a sense of responsibility. Enjoy you day. Love Ya

No comments:

Post a Comment