Thursday, October 22, 2009

Confessions

This will probably get me kicked out of the family, but I don't really like cranberry sauce. It's okay, I guess, but I don't go out of my way to buy it to go with my turkey. The performance last night was really good. Poor Steve had one heck of a cold, but he was a real trouper. He kept apologizing for his "croaking" but he did really well. Jim & I joined him for supper. We had salad bar and roast beef, potatoes, carrots and gravy. It was only $10 each. We could have had pie, but we were both full. Val (the restaurant owner) sent 3 pieces of pie home with us. Steve was so excited that we sent all 3 pieces off with him this morning. We can always get more. Val is quite supportive of this concert series. She promotes it to all her customers, sells "seats" in advance, and pays for her and her staff to watch, even though they are working. She also gives the performers a free meal. ( I should mention that she has never been one of my favourite people, but I am realizing what a community supporter she is. I am impressed) It seems the next billet we have is quite famous, cause she has already sold 16 seats (with supper!) She told me that she will make sure there is a seat and supper for us, since Valdy is staying with us. They are talking about moving the tables out of the way for the performance and just having seats since so many people want to see Valdy. Val says (jokingly) that you can only see Valdy if you attend the other performances in the series. It seems a shame that he is so famous, just because he got radio play, when all these other performers are fantastic! Tomorrow is the fish fry at the Legion ( we work the upstairs bar from 5:30 to 7:30) After that I will finally get a rest. My meeting today was quite stressful for me. (As a member of the board) We were discussing the performance review of our director (you met her Pati.... Brenda) Having worked for boards, I know how difficult it is, and I hate to threaten her job. But.... we do have problems with her abilities. I guess I really hate confrontation, but something has to be done. She is stretched so thin that she is not doing her job. She just can't say no... she wants to be involved in everything (been there... done that.. not a good idea) I told them today at work that I am taking my holidays no matter what. I think they believed me this time. I hope so, because I need the break too badly to give up my time. It means a bit of extra work for them, because I have been doing two full jobs for 4 months. No one else is fully trained on either job, so they will have some rough patches, but I really need some time. If they don't get to it, it will be there when I get back. I'll worry about it then. For someone who has been in bed by 9pm lately, I have been really a night owl for the last few days. After 11 every night. This weekend I will crash....Love Ya

No comments:

Post a Comment