Monday, October 5, 2009

Rough Weekend

Sorry to have been so quiet. I've been out of sorts since Friday, and just not up to doing much. A terrible toothache, which seems to have eased off during the night--which only means that the abcess has started to drain. I'm-again-very worried that this might mean $$$, but now have no choice but to call the dentist. But sleep has been difficut, and I haven't done much but doze since Friday.

Amber and the girls were over for supper, yesterday. Samantha has had a bad week too. She is cutting a bicuspid and has had a terible time with it. So we were quite a pair at the table, both of us proceeding very gingerly so as to minimize the pain while we were eating. Amber is trying to make a Hallowen costume for Jessica. Jessica wants to be Daphne from Scooby Doo. This means a very simple purple dress with long sleeves and lavender stripes. Amber got hung up on neck facings, but we got it sorted out, and then I just couldn't do any more, so she ended up taking it home to finish. And this girl made her self a winter coat, complete with linings and interlinings when she was a teenager!

Tonight I go with my Ravenesque group to Dianne's home in Steinbach. We plan to car pool, and Rose Anne and I will be travelling with a lady who is attending her first meeting. I've been to this lady's home and I think there might be a bit of culture shock when we visit Dianne. But Dianne says that she has emptied out a few more boxes, so I'm sure it will be better than it was last time I was out there. My dilemma is whether I should say anything at all to warn people about what they are getting into. I think Dianne would be terribly hurt if she ever found out I had said anything, but at the same time, this is really a former tenement where Dianne and her husband have cleaned up, and done some minor renovations. Most of these ladies come from fairly wealthy settings.

But--ta da--my piece Spirit of the Wind should be ready to take with me for show'n'tell I'm so glad to have finished this piece. I have a lot of deadlines looming, and I've been so obsessed with this that they have been neglected. Now I can settle down and get ready for the class I'm teaching in two weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment