Monday, October 12, 2009

Long Weekends

It is really nice to be home on a Monday. A short week ahead of me. We did very little here for Thanksgiving. Both of us have nasty colds and really didn't feel up to doing anything. I made a casserole out of some leftover turkey we had in the freezer. It was okay, I guess, but with our tasters off we could have had cardboard. We're both feeling a bit better today. A little more energy. My cough has finally loosened, so it doesn't hurt my chest anymore. The house suffers because my weekends are my cleaning time, but very little got done here. Hopefully next weekend, because I have a billet here on the 21st. I'm glad you got into that sale, Pati. I know things were a "little" tense in the gallery that day. That round bale is not getting a good reception here. It is also not holding together well. You can see that it is loosing its shape already. Beth, you hang in there. You know that Pati and I are here no matter what. You can always vent and no one else ever has to know. The first snowfall here brought another death to the community. I guess she didn't realize how slippery it was and couldn't stop. Slid into a truck. We had been saying at work that people forget how to drive during the summer. We figured there would be an accident. We just didn't expect someone we know to die. My weeks are filling up with meetings and committments now. Casting calls, concerts, fish fries. Sounds rough, doesn't it! :) Steve Slade is here on October 21. He is mostly folk, with a little blues thrown in. Jim is going to go to the concert with me!! It will be an expensive week for us. The concert will be $15 each, plus dinner. (We figured we should have supper with him since he is staying here) And then the fish fry on Friday. We work the bar from 5:30 to 7:30 and hopefully the line up will have shortened by then so we can get food. Whitemud is doing "The Odd Couple' this spring. No role for me, so I have offered to prompt. It's a thankless job, but I know from experience that it is great to know that support is there if we need it. I have been seriously trying to figure out a weight loss program for me. My weight is out of control and I need to lose. Unfortunately, the support is not here. Why did I marry a scrawny runt that can eat and drink and not gain! So far it has mostly been portion size. I want to get on some sort of exercise program, too. I just have to commit to it. At least in winter the barbecues and fires stop and we spend more time inside. (is that good or bad?) Time to do something ambitious (yeah, right!) Love you both

No comments:

Post a Comment