Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Sad days

My sewing machine is sick. I'm thinking that something happened to it when those young men moved it in Cook's Creek at the end of August. While I really can't afford to take it in right now, the machine is so old and hard-driven that I also can't afford to let routine maintenance and minor repairs go. So off it goes, late tomorrow, and it may be 10 days before I can get it again.

We're geting excited about our trip South. David is watching the Cdn $ very carefully on tv to see when would be a good time to exchange money--as if $0.005 difference is going to mean anything to us. Now, one of the things I had planned to look at while I was there was beads. With all of the beads I've bought lately, I sure don't need amy more. My corner cupboard is full, and I've run out of places to store them. But I do need matts, so we can justify a trip into Fargo for that.
So these days we sit at home, not spending money, and anticipate our trip.

Well, I have a lot of turkey to get rid of. I also made a lot of gravy so it looks like turkey in gravy for the freezer. Much easier than trying to make casseroles out of it. The cheesecake was a disppointment. I bought a large one at Superstore, and when we opened it there was no crust. The cake itself was fine, but not great, and the only thing that made it edible was the cherry sauce. The truth of the tale is in the fact that there are still a couple of pieces in the fridge. However, my DD invited her brother and his children for Christmas at her house. Later she phoned me in a panic when she realized that this meant that she would have to have some sort of gift for his children to open. Let them sort it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment