Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Recipes

Yes, French meat roll. We had some last week to use up the last of the turkey. I pour a tomato sauce over it made with a can of tomoto soup, 3/4 can of water or milk, and a dash of Lea and Perrins along with some grated up cheese--a good way to use up the dried up ends of the block. I heat all of this in the microwave, stirring periodically until the cheese melts. I find the meat roll seems to need the moisture of the sauce. Serve with a salad and fruit for dessert. Great! And there would be no reason why you couldn't use Pilsbury biscuit dough. If I'm making it from scratch I add a tsp of Keene's mustard powder to the flour.
Our trip was okay, but none of us was feeling too great. I was looking for a spring/fall jacket, and ended up with more of a parka with a zip in lining--in bright lime green. David preferred that one to the black one at half the price. He said that way he could always find me in a crowd. I also found a pair of slippers--something I've been looking for for quite awhile. Bought lots of beads and fabric, and , again, found pre-cut matts for $1.00-$1.50, so now I'm set for the up-coming sales. Actually sat down to do a bit of beading this evening and then realized that I was being an idiot. So now it's early to bed--I'm just exhausted. We got back around supper time.
Tomorrow I'm off to see an exhibition of fibre art from a professional group known as "Articulation". I've been aware of this group for quite some time and actually know several of the members. I was supposed ot go with my group--The Tuesday Night Stitchers that Meet on Wednesday Afternoon, but it looks like only one other member will be able to go. Then in the evening is our quilters' guild meeting. Never a dull moment around here--and we could sure use one!

No comments:

Post a Comment