Friday, October 8, 2010

Be - Happy Thanksgiving Weekend to all

A message to you both as the weekend starts - don't know when I shall get back on. I am gasping for some fresh air as I sit at the computer. After supper I turned on the self cleaning oven - I always stay close by when it is on because I do not trust it getting so hot, but the smell nearly kills me. Does yours always smell toxic, or is it just because I allow my oven to get too dirty between cleanings?
I worked outside for over 5 hours today and have 30 bags of leaves to show for some of my work. I was laughing out loud all by myself because just as I raked up a pile of leaves and before I could get the bag in position a gust of wind would blow the leaves all over again - I thought it was great fun and for just a little moment felt like a kid playing in the leaves. It is a good feeling to be amused by small events like this and get great enjoyment from it especially when all alone ( unless a neighbour was spying on me in which case, too bad for them...)
The neighbours across the street from us are having another party tonight - they are a young couple with a 6 month old girl - and the partys are always very tame. But tonight they have a turkey cooker sitting on the driveway right in front at the road. Obviously they are cooking a turkey in hot oil. Reminds me of the time we did it at your place Cathy. And as it was there, the cooking of the turkey requires four or five men each with a drink in hand to stand around the cooker staring at the pot! It must state that requirement in the instructions, does it?
Have a good weekend if you can. The situation with Darrens Father does not sound too good Patty and even from the summer in speaking with Amber about it, she has been troubled with his care, and trying to support Darren. Iam thinking of them. She is fortunate that you are able to go to her house to watch Jessica and Samantha. And Cathy be sure to enjoy your time off this week. The weather is truly glorious so go for a walk along your trail and pretend I am with you Ok? Take care....

No comments:

Post a Comment