Sunday, October 10, 2010

Down Time

I started my holidays at 10am on Friday. The perfect holiday; a book and sunlight. I sat outside until it was time to go and work meat draw. It was surprisingly busy. I thought everyone would be outside but there were a lot there. Next week is the annual all you can eat pickeral fish fry. We are again working meat draw (don't ask... it just worked out that way) We already have our tickets for the fish fry. This year I will arrive hungry and say no to all the frills like mashed potatoes. Fish all the way. Today my baby girl turns 35. She is still my baby girl, but where did all the time go! I will be phoning her later. Maybe she knows were the time went. Yesterday we got all the stuff done in town that we needed so today and tomorrow we are free. We are planning a quad ride. We were only out once this summer, but since the weather is nicer now than it has been all year., we are off. Last night we built a huge fire in the pit and sat out for quite a while. Alan came over and he and Jim stayed out even longer. Yesterday the dogs were getting all excited so I checked. There was a baby weasel in the wood pile. We put the dogs inside and Jim had quite a conversation with it. It was chittering away and staring up at him. We finally had to scare it away because he was quite content to stay where he was, but we knew the dogs would get him. Tuesday JIm plans on borrowing a truck and heading to Brandon to pick up a storm door for the rec room. He found some good ones at the ReFit centre for about $50.00. It's an outing. I can't remember the last time I was in Brandon. Knowing Jim's culinary tastes, I will remember the A & W coupons when we go. Time to get the day started. Happy Thanksgiving to both of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment