Sunday, October 24, 2010

Sunday again

THe time sure seems to be flying by again. Already its the last week of October. And, of course, all the AGMs are happening. I am at a meeting in Portage today, and I have 2 meetings on Tuesday. And next Saturday is the Wine Tasting. I had no intention of going, but it seems that I am going to be helping in the kitchen, so I guess I will be there. The weather is turning cool now, so I guess our extended summer is over. They are even forcasting the dreaded "S" word for next week! At least the roads will be good today for travelling. Jim is entering his winter mode again. He no longer heads outside to "putter" every day. At least we had time to get all our fall work done. Actually, some of our flowers got confused by the weather and started to bloom again, so we left them in the garden. Jim wanted to get some more onions planted for spring, but he hasn't done it yet, so he may have to make do with what is there. He took the deck off the tractor and put the snow blower on last week. I was hoping that that would mean no snow, but I guess I was hoping for too much. We get another visit from the Respectful Workplace intervention person on Tuesday. It has been about 6 weeks since she came. I wonder what will come of it. I have a roast in the slow cooker for supper tonight, so when I get back from my meeting supper will be ready. I have been craving some kind of roast for a while now. Another sign of winter. BBQing is over and the oven gets turned on again. Good thing I cleaned it. (even if it did start a fire!) I slept in yesterday and ended up staying up until after midnight. Naturally, I woke up at 5:30 this morning and didn't get back to sleep. Feast or famine! Maybe that means I will get a good sleep tonight. I have to phone the Respectful Workplace person at 7am tomorrow for my review. Nothing like trying to come across as a good person when you are half asleep! I should have held out for 3pm... then I could have left work early! Almost time to leave for Portage. Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment