Friday, October 29, 2010

Be - a long week over and now it is Friday

I finally cleaned the bathroom today here at home and what a feeling of accomplishment. There seems to be no time to do any of my housecleaning. Been at Mothers three days this past week - her house is clean, laundry done, and a bath given. Today I made a banana loaf in one of those silicon baking forms. Apparently you need to put the form inside a metal loaf pan to bake it, otherwise it flops all over. Have you used these forms for muffins or loaves? I also made a pizza with a yeast crust. It was really good and not all that much fuss. While the dough was rising for "1 to 2 hours" I walked uptown to put my medications prescription into the Pharmacy, and to buy a Lotto Max. There is a quaint little storefront called The Red Brick Cafe on the mainstreet so I dropped in and bought myself a Chai Latte. What a treat! Small happy moments go a long way..... I have another appointment with the Eye Surgeon for Nov 19. The office called me today and said the Doctor prefers to make the appt at the hospital so that if he needs to do Laser he has it all available - makes me think that he thinks I'll need more laser - not too reassuring for me but maybe I am being too pessimistic? Should be getting some rain / snow tonight just in time for Hallowe'en. I have found a feather face mask in my box of decorations and will put it on with a colourful caftan to answer the door. It always surprises the little ones coming for treats, and helps me get through the evening when I would rather just go to bed! Hope you have a real scary weekend - Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment