Thursday, October 7, 2010

Health care system

Not pointing fingers--just saying Yu'know--but my expereience on both sides of the fence is that as long as you cope without complain, your case isn't given any priority. But you have a better persective on what it's like in your area.

Another painting class. These are so much fun, especially when I've given myself permission to have fun. Yesterday, the teacher was critiquing the piece I did inthe first class and she asked if that was my usual style. I told her that I didn't know as this was the first painting I'ld done., sinc eI was in my teens. That's when another member announced to the group that I was a quilter, not a painter. This lead to a discussion of how an understanding of the principles of art etc is transferable between genre's. The teacher had fun analyzing my painting as to how it reflected my background in quilting. Then the day;'s task involved painting a-more or less-abstract picture of the "forst floor". Well layering is what I do in my fibre work all the time! I had a ball! Afterward, I realized that this was the first time in ages that I've actually laughed out loud in public. This makes me believe that I've made a good decision in taking this year to play, and that I may be benefitting in more ways than one.

Is that how you see your violin lessons, Beth? Can the benefits be measured in more than one way? I've always believed that a little self indulgence is necessary for our well-being, especailly in times of stress. (Unfortunately sometimes I indulge more than a little, but if I don't do it now, when will I?) The violin is one thing that you do for only your own pleasure, and we all need that. I think the problem is that you haven't always been able to give it the priority that it, maybe, needs--and I know that isn't always something you can control, and that's frustrating.

So onward today, to make pies. I have to get he apples out of the fridge so that we can put the turkey in. Looks like a very busy weekend, and according to my claendar, a very busy month. For Saturday I actually found myself trying to figure out how to do two things at once! It's been years since I even thought of trying.

No comments:

Post a Comment