Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Books

I took the book Scarlet Feather, by Maeve Binchy, with me to the retreat, to read in my spare moments, not realizing that I had read it before. The first time I was so involved in the story that I think I missed that the book is all about dreams and aspirations. A second thread running through it, is that we shouldn't loose sight of the things that are really important in life, in order to feed and follow our dreams. This has given me much food for thought in my eternal struggle to figure out my life. Good book. I recommend it. I've also read the preceding book, although each of them stands quite nicely alone.

At the retreat I was quite taken with some of the younger ladies wearing and knitting shawls. When I'm sitting at the computer inthe evening I often wrap an afghan around myself, but it never quite covers. So today I bought a shawl. Quite soft and not very substantial, man made fibre, of course. Bright pink and grey, and very warm and cozy. I don't know if this is a fashion trend or not, but I think I could get very used to wearing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment