Sunday, October 17, 2010

You two put me to shame!

I am starting to feel quite guilty about enjoying my holiday. Okay, not that guilty. Yesterday we did pretty much nothing. We cleaned the office and went home and watched television. I finished a book I was reading. Of course it was so windy you had to bend into the wind to walk, so outside work didn't appeal to us. I did get the fridge and stove clean (and yes, it really stinks) I can probably one up you on the stove, because something in mine caught on fire. I washed my floors, too, but I am not happy with the results. I used my swiffer wet jet and the floors are all streaky. I think it is time to buy a new mop (despite what the television commercials say) and really give the floors a wash. The all you can eat fish fry was on Friday. We worked meat draw again and it was quite busy. The food was really good. I asked for only a small scoop of cole slaw and corn, 1/2 a scoop of fries, and FOUR large pieces of fish. I can't believe I ate the whole thing. This week should be quiet for me. No meetings until next Sunday and then things take off again. I might have a VCC exec meeting. We received a very strongly worded letter of "disgust" at how our current show was handled. We are actually contemplating asking this woman if she would consider mentoring our program director. She did make some very valid comments in her letter and we would really like to turn her hostility into support for us. We'll see. Today may be another day of nothing (at least if I have my way) It is back to work tomorrow.. I noticed that when we went into clean on Saturday, I practically turned into a raving bitch the second I walked in the door. I really need to temper that when I am with my co-workers! We did get a storm door on Tuesday and Jim installed it right away. He had to make some adjustments so we now have an extra high step as we walk in, but I am getting used to it. It should make a difference this winter and keep the frost from creeping all around the door. We didn't pull the flowers at the office this week. It was on our agenda to do, but the darn things were blooming with the warm weather and looked better than they had all summer!!! We should do it this week because we are starting to get frost every night now. Even close to the buildings in town by now I would think. Jim will give one more water to the grass he planted here and then the hoses will go away for the winter. (I think) He is hoping for a light snowfall that he can put more grass seed down on. I am hoping for more warm weather. I have a feeling that his hope will be fulfilled before mine is. Well, I am off to do nothing again today and I intend to enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment