Saturday, October 2, 2010

Saturday morning in Neepawa

Jim told me to get the tea on and he would be right behind me.... Well, I have finished a whole pot of tea myself and he is still in bed. Never trust a man that wants the whole bed to stretch out on. Busy weekend ahead. We have to clean the office today; I have to do prep for dinner at the legion this afternoon; Jim's sister and nephew are still out and want to get together at the legion this afternoon; I have to go grocery shopping this afternoon and get a potato casserole ready for tomorrow, when we are having Thanksgiving dinner at our place! As for cleaning the house, I will be eternally grateful to the person that developed cardboard boxes. They hold so much stuff that you want to hide! Of course, whenever I do my "quick clean" I remember the time that Daddy and Phyllis called to say they were coming over to see our new apartment. Don and I hid everything in the bedroom closet, including dirty dishes. And what does Phyllis do as she tours the apartment? She says how much closet space do you have and opens the closet door. She closed it and never said a word. We still don't have the pool cleaned and put away. Jim ended up hauling potatoes last week because the guy Rodney works for was short drivers. They work 12 hour days! They are all done now, but I think Jim will do it again next year. I hope so. It gives him something to do with his time and he gets to interact with other people. It only lasts 2 to 3 weeks, so it is not a long term thing. I'm onto my second pot of tea and Jim has finally crawled out of bed. I guess we will have to start doing some of our work now. I would really like to get the pool done, but it is quite foggy out again and I am not sure we could find the pool. Hopefully it will burn off before we have to head into town. It is goose hunting season and Nika hates loud noises. I cannot get her out of the house in the morning. Yesterday she was outside but kept following me to work;. I had to turn around 3 times. I tried the rolled up newspaper spanking but I finallyhad to give in and let her inside. It is a good thing that I was leaving for work early because I just made it in time. Enjoy the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment