Thursday, October 7, 2010

More about chaos theory

You know--where the theoryis that whatever you plan and however in depth the planning process can be--ultimately things will not work out according to plan.

I had my weekend planned down to when the turkey came out of the freezer and how many veggies to cook. Amber phoned to say that Darren's Dad has been moved into palliative care in Selkirk and had been given no more than 48 hours as of Wednesday afternoon. She had wanted to be with Darren at the hospital, so we we ended up with two little girls for the evening. We went there, which was much better for the little girls, but much harder on Grandma. So, the laundry didn't get done, and the cake not baked for Sunday. I'm busy most of tomorow and most of Saturday. And we're still on call for baby sitting, at any time.
So--a strong drink, and ot bed--in dirty sheets.

1 comment:

  1. I see you're getting a round a bit more Pat. :) I'm looking forward to becoming a grandmother one day but it's not going to happen anytime soon I'm afraid.

    ReplyDelete