Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Be - inspite of heat wave...

.... I was still outside working all day. I wondered what ever happened with your work at Wilno thinking that you had maybe received them back but apparently they are still there to be purchased. It is not likely we will go back (that is unless you specifically would like me to go for some reason Patty and then we most certainly would ie to retrieve items if requested) I was thrilled to read your message Patty about your new colour scheme and excited for you. I always notice stuff ie the mugs but don't necessarily mention. I can picture all your plates and wonder what it may look like with a complete ( or almost complete) changeover. I would love to redo my kitchen but it is quite far down the list of current events. haha I would like to paint the walls and put a wallpaper border along the top. I have seen a few places with this, and quite like the effect. Although with a small area, such as my kitchen space, it may be too overwhelming. Getting the roof shingled is a good start for all that needs to be done around here. Today I cleaned the area around our little outside iron firestove, and the old pile of wood, only to discover that the base of one of the large white pine trees is rotting. A strong wind could easily blow it over and it is so big, I don't know how we could take it down ourselves although that is what Harry is suggesting right now. Two years ago just before I came to Winnipeg, I had to hire a company to remove a tree in our back yard (at request of the neighbours) There was no time for us to do it so I suggested the hire. It cost 450.00 just to cut it down, and we were left with the cleanup. Wow!! Wouldn't you just love to have at least one day to go by without some "crisis" presenting itself? I know, too much to ask. Your stories of late Patty prove my point! On that happy note, I guess I shall go to bed and rest up for our visit with Mother tomorrow. Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment