Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Never a dull moment

Was sitting over coffee yesterday morning, planning my day, when David started taking apart the kitchen cupboards.  It seems that we're painting the kitchen this week.  It looks as though it's going to take most of the week, given how much was accomplished yesterday.  When it came time to sleep, we opened up all the windows and set a fan to pull air in through the bedroom window and out into the rest of the house.  It sure helped with the smell.  I was almost cold in bed, which was a nice change, as well.  But the work started before I even had a chance to wash Sunday's dishes, so that's on the agenda for this morning, as the primer won't be ready for re-coat until about noon.
Then I have to get out a pay for my driver's licence and autopac. According to the paper, that came yesterday, I can pay at the bank this year.  There is also a box of yarn to get rid of, and I've found a group that knits slippers.  Now-- I was allowed to assume it was for some sort of charity, but I didn't ask questions, and will just be glad to get rid of the yarn.  It was given to me unexpectedly, and is all in shades of bright pink--heavy, coarse man-made fibre.  David wouldn't let it in the house, so it's stored in the garage. Another chore to keep me out of the house.
There are also a few good dishes to go.  I haven't used any of them since we moved in 12 years ago, and Amber really isn't interested.  I called Things yesterday ( the consignment shop attached to the ballet) but was told that they don't take some patterns any more and I had to provide a list of the type of dish and maker and pattern before they would even give me an appointment to take them in to be assessed for suitability.  I knew that they didn't take tea cups ( nobody wants them anymore and I have 36 in a cupboard downstairs), but this just makes me wonder why bother at all.  I have a flan dish and covered casserole of Floribunda by Villroy and Boch, never used, and original price of about $700 for the two. ( I didn't pay that, I bought them at Things)  Maybe I'll just use them as gifts.  Make them someone else's problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment