Friday, July 29, 2011

Be - send some rain, please!

Watering, and then more watering tend to fill my days. Everything is so very dry, and yet, we are picking and eating ample supply of cucumbers and tomatoes from the garden. The neighbours across the street just had central a/c installed today. She told me on the street where I met up with her walking her dog and her 19 month old daughter that they were saving for a travel trailer but had to give in with all this dry hot weather and purchase the a/c instead. We just have fans blowing all the hot air around the house, but I think it does help the animals with a bit of relief. I made a banana cake with maple icing to take to Mothers tomorrow and thought of all of you while making it (and also while testing it to be sure it would be suitable - after the fourth piece I found it to be suitable!!) I'll be going solo again to Mothers and hope to accomplish wonders in the garden. I was fine with planning a light lunch but Harry went shopping this morning and I now have a full meal to cook as well. I finished another novel by Steve Berry last night - really long one called The Venetian Betrayal and what a thrill to come to the end of a good book. You sit for a moment and just fondle the closed cover and ponder a sense of wonder. And then you quickly want to decide what your next book shall be and want to get onto the challenge immediately. Does this make any sense to any of you? No, ok, so I'll just sign off and go to bed then.....haha. Have a great long weekend everyone, and take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment