Saturday, July 16, 2011

Hot and humid

Why is it that we are never satisfied with the weather? We wait all winter for summer and when it comes we complain about the heat. Personally I think a humidex of 45 is a bit much. Jim is trying to finish up some painting at the legion, but it gets so hot at the back that they just can't keep going. There is no relief inside either, because they are painting the stand for the new air conditioner, and it can't go in until they are done. Mid 30s all week. Going to be interesting. They really hope to be finished building it by tomorrow. I am still living out of boxes at work, but at least the new furniture is in place. With Patty on holidays I had her work and mine to complete so I never had time to unpack. When I need something I just go and try to find it. I didn't get finished last week. Patty will have a lot to start with when she gets back on Monday. I really need some new clothes for work, but the choice is limited in Neepawa. We have the bargain shop and giant tiger that I can afford, and then It's Time has really nice clothes with a really nice price. The only clothes that I really like at the Salvation Army are size 8. Do no humans donate there?? We are puppy sitting this week. We feed them first thing in the morning and again at about 6 pm. (That is the royal "we" since Jim does most of it) They are put in for the night around 10. Last night they got fed a bit late, and put to bed a bit early because it was almost 8 when we got there. It didn't seem worth coming back again in 2 hours. Today they will be back to normal. They are 4 months old now and a real handfull. They get so excited when we arrive and won't even let us pet Niki (their mom). They want all the attention. Jim just called.... they finished the painting before he got there so he is happy! They still have to finish building the deck though. He is coming back to get me so we can clean the office. With things still piled everywhere we can't do as much as usual, which Jim likes. He is counting the days until his contract is up. (July 31) Rrain (I will get used to that) was hoping for a day off today, but she has such a backlog from her internet job that she will probably be working all weekend. Time for breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment