Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Still alive and kicking

I really don't know where the time goes! Already the 6th of July. Had to take Jim to the hospital again last night. He was throwing up blood this time. Of course, once there, he lay down on the bed and slept all night. The tests showed nothing again. (We have to shampoo the carpet because the"nothing" left a lot of stains.) We are going in the Legion Fun Golf Tournament on Sunday. It is supposed to drop down to 25 that day, so it may be bearable. They had 20 teams entered last time I looked. Rrain (I am training myself to call her that..... but she will always be Kik to me) was just going to walk around with us and drink, but Cheryl has asked her to help out so I am not sure what she will be doing. Maybe collecting money. She is coming for the steak supper afterwards. I paid for my drivers license today. The reminder letter was dated May 19th, I received it today, and I had to pay by yesterday. Something is just not right there. My home is still a pig sty. I can't seem to get it clean. There is always something else to be done. The garden really needs weeding right now, but it is too hot earlier in the day and by evening the bugs are out. If I get a chance maybe early in the morning would work. We have been living off of the BBQ lately. It is just too hot in the house to cook. We've also had asparagas everynight this week. Sam brought us a big bag and we all love it. I prefer it raw, but I have been steaming it for everyone. Jim likes his mushy, but I refuse to do that. The plants in the garden are all flowering so it won't be long. I can hardly wait for that first tomato. It tastes so different from the ones in the store. I'm getting hungry just thinking about it and we had a big supper tonight. Hopefully the rest of the week holds less excitement than the first part.

No comments:

Post a Comment