Sunday, July 3, 2011

Be - Relaxation?

I don't know what Torchwood is, but the thought of sitting and relaxing sounds delightful. I spent the day outside (what's new about that you say?) but it was a two day marathon for me to gather the pots from all over the yard, sort them all into sizes and store them somewhere neatly and out of the way until they are needed again for planting next spring. Sounds simple but in reality a "pinta" to find the spot, prepare it, carry and sort a million pots, and then pile them up. However I accomplished this chore and feel a sense of pride for a job well done. Yeh, me! I also had to do something with the turtle tank - remember that suggestion to put charcoal into a nylon....well, it doesn't work. Harry bought a new aquarium filter at a garage sale on Sat so this morning I set it up and got it running nicely. I didn't change the water in the tank which saved me a three hour job, but I know I will have to soon depending on how this new filter clears the water. We need some rain soon as everything is so dry - almost hate to be wishing for rain here when I listen to the CBC radio with great interest for news about the flooding. It must be a terrible sight to see all the fields covered with water, and diking all the towns. I still have my map close by so I can refresh myself about all the town names, locations and proximity to the Souris River. I remember our trip to see Souris Cathy when I brought the two boys for a visit, and walking across the Souris River on the suspension bridge. It looked like a nice river at that time but by all accounts has now turned wicked. Well, another week looms and tomorrow it is to Mothers so I better go. Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment