Wednesday, July 20, 2011

surprize in the mail

Believe it or not, a small ( read small) cheque from the Wilno Craft Gallery!  I had completely given up on them, as it's been well over a year since I last heard anything.  Well, not to look a gift horse in the mouth--I can use the money.

The blue comes from my small collection of Kathryn Koop coffee mugs. They hang in the kitchen over the fridge, but I bet most people never notice them.  We actually took one ot the paint store to see if they could match the colour, carefully wrapped in a special mug bag.  It is a dark blue, but a clear blue--not the smokey grey/blue that was popular a few years back.  I'm also going to change some of the plates on the plate rail.  Last time I hit the thrift store to get the ones I needed, and will try that again.  The thrift store, at the time, was on the east side of Osborne Street, across from Ronald's shoes, but I'm sure that one is long gone. We usually go to a little thrift store up the street, but it's quite small, and we've been talking about checking out a new one in the neighbourhood run by MCC.  Actually, it's always been around, and we may have visited it together some years back.  It was in a very out-of-the-way spot, but now they've moved. I really have no attachment to any of the plates, except for one that Auntie Lorraine gave me.  So now I have a new mission in life--looking for blue plates.  Once I get a little more $$, I'm also going to look for a new artificial flower spray to put over the sink--also in blue.  My intention is to make the blue the dominant colour over the green.  It just won't look right if there is the same amount of the two of them.

And I've just realized that my applique picture of the rabbit--First Snowfall--will fit in quite nicely in terms of colour, as blue is the dominant colour there.

No comments:

Post a Comment