Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Naughty Blogspot! Bad! Bad!

Hasn't let me in for until now.  We went shopping this morning.  Three thrift stores  looking for blue plates, then WalMart, Zellers, Rona, and a quick stop in the grocery store.  Then home to start the final clean-up of the kitchen.  Yes, the kitchen itself is done. ( The pantry and foyer are still to go, but primed ready to paint.) I knew that blue is not often used for serving or eating foods, because it has the effect of reducing appetite, and that is sure obvious in terms of second-hand plates.  I only found one, and it is more of a serving plate. I found one more in open stock in Zellers, but didn't see much else, even in sets. So the search will continue.  We found some tea towels and small hand towels that match fairly well in WalMart.  But in Zellers we found both placemats and tablecloths, and even a set of pot holders that we decided were acceptable.  ( The right blue, but have a sunflower on them, and I've been trying to avoid yellow)

So now the folding table is finally down, and the living room usable again.  Needs a good ( read re-e-ally good) vacuuming.  We know that we're going to have to have the rug cleaned, but knew that,  before all this started.  Unfortunately, our steamcleaning guy retired, and we either have to find a new steamcleaner or rent a machine and do it ourselves.  Probably do it ourselves, so that we can do the whole house at the same time.  As soon as the dishes are done, and the floor swept, I'll try to take a picture. 

But all that shopping has worn me out.  So I had a good nap, and now a drink before getting to work.  So far today, I'm grateful for getting my kitchen back.  I'm grateful for air conditioning. And I'm both humbled by, and grateful for, David.

No comments:

Post a Comment