Thursday, July 21, 2011

Vacuuming the lawn???

Trouble always comes in three, right? #1 - We took my car in last Thursday to have them check out the "check engine' light. They told us the parts costs over $4,000, but luckily it's covered by a warranty we didn't even know we had. But it would probably be Wednesday before the car was ready. Well Tuesday, I called to see if it was still on schedule for Wednesday - nope, the part's not coming in until Thursday morning, so it will be ready Thursday afternoon. Well it's now Thursday evening and I don't have my car. The part didn't come in. Now they are saying Monday. Thank goodness we are a two vehicle family, but it's still a nuisance. #2 - Darren called for someone to come look at our air conditioner Friday night. The guy called back and said $150 jsut to come out. So Darren asked if there was another number he could call the guy back at. Yep! (Apparenlty this guy is not new to doing side jobs.) He ended up coming over Monday evening and telling us we needed an entire new unit as they can only get used parts as ours is no longer being made. He came back yesterday after work and installed it with a buddy. $2400. This made us start to wonder what #3 would be. Well, it came yesterday. #3 - With the gusting winds, our brand new patio table and umbrella were blown over. The umbrella broke along with the glass table which smashed when it fell on top of a cooler. What a mess. Darren and I took turns this afternoon vacuuming the grass in our back yard. We only got the table put together Saturday morning as we needed it to host a BBQ for approx 35 people. (Thankfully all we had tgo do was supply the house and backyard.) Because we just assembled it, I still had the paperwork and called the company. They are replacing both the umbrella skeleton as well as the table top at no charge. We only have to pay shipping of $35. I can handle that price. Hopefully this really is our #3 as it turned out to be much cheaper than the other two.

On a positive note, I finally got to see cirque du soleil. I've wanted to see it for years. I went last night with a girlfriend as Darren had no interest in going. It was a nice evening out and of course I had to buy some of the show souvenirs. I spent $18 and got a fridge magnet and a keychain. I enjoyed the show and will plan on going next time the show comes to town.

Tomorrow I plan on taking the girls to visit a girlfriend who just announced that they have adopted a baby. They used me as a reference and have only started telling people today as they wanted to wait out the 21 day period the birth mom had to change her mind. They started trying for a baby the same time I got pregnant with Jessica, so I am thrilled that it's finally happened for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment