Tuesday, July 12, 2011

way too much fun....

If you can't laugh you cry so you might as well laugh. It's contagious. Our office is in the middle of the big furniture move. We have spent the last while boxing up everything in our offices. Today they come and take away our old furniture and tomorrow the new stuff arrives. I don't think we will be doing much work for the next while. That is probably good since I am doing job interviews at VCC. We had so many qualified applicants for a part time bookkeeper. We eliminated the unqualified and still had 9 to interview and one that we received late that is also qualified. We have interviewed 5, with the final 4 today. I hope the decision will be easy. We golfed on Sunday. I was really surprised at how well I did. FOr the first 6 holes, anyway. We went with Rodney & Kristy, and Rrain walked the course with us. (the royal "us".. we had carts) There was steak for supper afterwards and prizes. I ended up picking a soaker gun. It could be fun for the kids when they are in the pool. The problem is the spray range will probably hit us! We have lots of baby vegetables in our garden now, but Jim was very disappointed that we don't have potatoes yet. He wanted pickeral and new potatoes for supper last night. I must love him because I ended up paying $4 for a tiny bag of new potatoes at the store. Tonight our interviews go until at least 7pm, so it will be sandwiches for supper. Then I seem to be free for a week! Yippee! Maybe my house will get clean. Just as we got home from the golf tournament on Sunday, Sam (the Hutterite) phoned. Could we pick up the girls for a swim. They had started walking. It's a 6 mile walk in total, so Rodney & Jim headed off to pick them up. Good thing Rodney had a truck to load them in. There were 8 of them and they had a real blast. They were so grateful. Jim and I took them home in the van later. They wanted to be let off behind the big tree, but Jim took them to their mile road. They didn't really have permission to come to our house, let alone come for a swim! The pool is at least being used this year. I only go in and lie around. Others really play! Once again it is time for work... I love my job.. I love my job......

No comments:

Post a Comment