Thursday, July 21, 2011

thanks for the offer

I had thought of asking but remembered how long a trip is it is, and I'm sure that, by now, the stuff is so shop worn that it's not worth having.  I had really pretty well forgotten about it!  thanks anyway!

They keep promising us rain, but never deliver.  The garden is suffering, even though we both do a little watering now and then.  Meal planning is getting more difficult, as I'm now limited in terms of how I cook things.  Since the painting has now moved around to the area by the stove, stove top cooking is out, as well as using the grill anywhere in the kitchen, and in the intense heat, we sure don't want the oven on!  I baked  some corn muffins in the toaster oven yesterday and it worked quite well.  As well I put cut up chicken thighs on  skewers and under the broiler.  I was pleasantly surprised at how good they were. Greasier than the usual chicken breasts but quite fine, with a little Greek salad dressing as a marinade.  I'm not sure what we're looking at for tonight.  I had thought about the rice and bean casserole that we both like, but that means cooking  a special rice, and on Tuesday I cooked a huge batch of white rice thinking of fried rice and rice pudding over the next few days. 

Physio again this afternoon.  My range of movement is so-o-o much better, the intense pain on sudden movement is gone, and she is now talking about adding strengthening activities.  Oh! Oh!

No comments:

Post a Comment