Thursday, July 21, 2011

Be - survived another day of this hot stuff!

And yet, there I was picking beans and peas in Mothers garden, and then watering the entire garden under the heat of the blazing sun. And then came home and did it all over again. I can hardly wait to go to bed tonight. I keep thinking that all my outside work is aiding in my attempt to lose a few inches but as I sit here pondering the results, I am eating at a bag of Presidents Choice "The Decadent Chocolate Chip Cookie". Somehow, I am always derailing any weight lose progress I expect to be making by working my ass off in 40 degree weather, and do it by sitting at the computer at night and filling my face. Enough said....tomorrow is another day. It is really hard to plan meals when temps are like this (except eating cookies from the bag!) We made a cold plate at Mothers for lunch - potato salad, coleslaw, cold meats etc and this seemed to be best for her. She is certainly suffering in this heat as the elderly do, so her wellfair is a concern for sure. On the news from North Bay tonight came a story of a 17 month old left in a closed, locked car for an hour by her parents. The baby is OK in the hospital and parents are saying each thought that the other parent had taken the child. Eh??? So long for now

No comments:

Post a Comment