Saturday, July 2, 2011

Be Overrun with the yearly tourists

Its that time again -I walked the dog down to the main street and the waterfront last night and the invasion has started. Boosting "the largest freshwater lake in the world without an island" attracts the summer visitors every year cramming the many restaurants and beach, and of course the boats and other watercraft on the lake. It is good for the economy locally and is the last year that the Highway goes through the centre of town. The new four lane bypass is almost complete and portions of it are expected to be open to traffic within the next few weeks. It may look like an obstacle course for awhile as the constructors try to divert traffic around the existing highway in order to tear it up and redo it. In the end by next summer Sundridge will be totally bypassed by the main Highway #11. And, traffic from Toronto will be able to drive on four lane straight through to North Bay. Tonight is the Canada Day celebration in Sundridge so we will hear the music and see the fireworks from our front window- I don't bother to go down to the waterfront anymore. I am now off to Mothers on my own - Harry chooses to go to Garage sales instead. I am hoping the slightly overcasts skies will not produce a downpour before I can get some weeding done in her garden. I made some egg salad last night and will make sandwiches for lunch. Nice and simple!! Enjoy the rest of the weekend as I think of you Cathy in the swimming pool, and Patty in her studio. Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment