Sunday, July 31, 2011

Freedom

We have cleaned the office for the last time. Our evenings and weekends are now free!! And not only that, I am on holidays until August 15th. It is hot again here so all our meals are either cold or bbq. Tonight is rotisserie chicken, new potatoes, garden beans, and salad with everything from the garden except the tomatoes. I really enjoy it when things ripen and we can eat straight from the garden. Too bad I also know how much work is ahead of me. We really cut back on the garden this year, so I don't have a lot to put away. We ate all the peas, and the potatoes we are just eating. We will have a lot of tomatoes again, but Rrain wants to make homemade salsa so that will use up a lot of them. I will make tomatoe sauce and maybe freeze junk for soups. I sitll have pickles from last year, but I wall not let the cucumbers go to waste.... I guess that means a lot more cucumber sandwiches. Tim and Maddie and Tim's girlfriend and her daughter are arriving next Monday. We will have a full house by then, so I guess I do have to do some cleaning. We don't have to worry about food, because they have had the meals planned since last year.... fish fry... turkey fry.... hot dogs on the fire.... hamburgers and steak. I hope this new girlfriend is better than the last one he brought home. She can't be any worse. The last one didn't even like kids, including Maddie. This one has kids. APril and her three kids have been over everyday for the last 4 weeks. It is getting to be a bit much. Rrain has taken to hiding in her bedroom and pretending to be asleep. Once in a while is okay but this is wearing thin. Of course the kids love jumping in the pool and it has been hot. And April is having marriage problems and just needs a break now and then, but so do we. Oh well. Today Rrain and I are going to jump in the pool before anyone else gets here. We will have it to ourselves for a while. Just to cool off. Jim & I have pretty much decided not to replace the pool once it goes, but when it is this hot I have second thoughts. We are thinking about replacing it with one of those 3 foot by 10 foot blow up pools. We could sit on the bottom and just soak. It wouldn't be as much work either, because you can empty it easily to clean it. Today I am thankful for getting "hugs" when I need them. Even if they are Zen Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment