Thursday, January 26, 2012

Finished

Today I finished the beading on a major piece.  This is always a mixed blessing, emotionally.  It's finished!!  Hurray!! Tempered with creeping doubt about anyone liking it. Oh well, it is what it is.  And isn't that the stupidist statement anyone ever made?  Ran into a woman last fall who used it all the time. It irritated me then, and still does.

Had to cancel my dentist's appointment for next Monday.  When my approval didn't arrive fromSun Life by yesterday, David phoned to find out what the delay was. They told him that they had mailed a form to the dentist requesting further information, but had not yet received it back.  This sent us to the dentist's office where they denied ever receiving the form. Now they aren't allowed to contact SunLife directly, so they asked us to call Sun Life again and ask if the form could be faxed, then it would be filled out and faxed back immediately. So we did and were told that Sun Life procedures required about 4 days to receive permission to send a fax. So we asked what could be done, and were told just to have the dentist fill out the form and mail it back.  So David got mad and asked when the form was mailed--answer--two days ago--Monday.

This all makes me notice how things don't bother me the way they used to. I'm not suffering, so the dentist will wait.  My beaded piece will go to the exhibit whether it's the best thing I ever did or not.  and I'll move onto the next project.

Beth, David says that when the cactus has a bud, it seems to work best if the soil is kept barely damp, rather than letting it dry completley out between waterings. Our didn't bloom for years, until one summer we put it out into the garden.  Been fine ever since.

I guess for today, I'm grateful the $%*&(^ beading is finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment