Monday, January 16, 2012

Your turn

You're having some nice things happen to you, Cathy.  It must be your "turn". Enjoy it while you can.  good luck on you cribbage playing.  And remind me notto play with you--ever.  We were out to dinner with Amber last night.  A nice treat. 

I had been to a meeting out in Landmark in the afternoon and it was especially nice not to have to hurry home to cook dinner.  But by the time the meeting had broken up, we were in the middle of quite a snow storm. One of the ladies had driven in from Pinawa, but, luckily, was planning to spend the night in Winnipeg.  I had driven out on hwy 206, having been told that it was a shorter more direct route than driving through Lorette, but figured in the snow, I would be better heading home on the familiar and busier, hwy.  I managed to get up to 70k between Landmark and Lorette, but driving through Lorettte was a challenge with heavy snowfall and very poor visability.  This was between 4:30 and 5:00--a time for poor visibility in good weather!  But just north of Lorette, the falling snow tapered off and I only had to contend with blowing snow.  Scary, none the less.  But I made it safely.

So a quiet day today.  My small stitchery group tomorrow, and a quilters' guild meeting Wednesday evening. I'm not taking a painting class this session, as I need to get some of my own work done, so my Wednesday afternoons are free for the next little while.  Thursday night is a small design study group I've joined.  I don't have all of my homework done, but it's a pretty relaxed group and I'm not concerned. I don't know how much I'm learning, but I'm finding the exercises very inspiring, so it's time well spent.

So far, this is shaping up to a good year for all of us. We should all be grateful, we've had some difficult times lately. But for today, I'm grateful that I didn't have ot go out in the cold.  Today, we watched a couple of fellows trying to start a car that has been parked in front of our house for at least two months.  They got it going with a boost,but boy, did they ever look cold working out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment