Thursday, January 5, 2012

A smile and chuckle for myself

A coincidence for sure – I have been sorting through a few things, initially from sorting out Mike's game cards in his cupboard which extended to another shelf and lead me to some softcover books stored away for a rainy day. Long story short there was a book by Stuart Woods titled White Cargo and as I held it in my hands gave a nice little chuckle and thought of you Patty and your recommendation to read his work. So since I am currently reading another Steve Berry novel, I shall finish it, and then jump into this one. What have you both done with your old yearbooks etc. I am at the stage where I want to throw them out, but then again, have this need to hang onto them! What is the point?, or is there a point?
Trouble with sorting through stuff is that you spend too much time looking and remembering. Found all the old picture albums from Willie and his Christening, and his dress, and sweater set etc etc and sometimes it becomes too much to fathom, if that makes any sense. When can one actually let go of memories, or is there no time that you can? Perhaps I am in this mood because I am touching all this stuff that has been hidden away and really don't know what to do with it, short of boxing it up and putting it back on the shelf haha
I have decided to switch from buying Ontario 49 lottery tickets to buying 649 tickets – the difference being the cost and thus the number of lines you can buy. The Ontario 49 are only 50 cents each, where the 649 cost 2.00 each. So for my self imposed maximum expenditure of 5.00, it cuts my chances. Do you think I will actually be better off – time will tell when I check the numbers this Sat night. Back to my sorting – wonder what other surprises I will find?

No comments:

Post a Comment