Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Opportunity Knocks

You speak of resuming the pattern of your life, but I see this time as a opportunity to develop new patterns.  Caring for Harry's mother took so much of your time and energy that, once you spend a little time renewing your inner resources, you can create any new pattern you choose. 

This morning is my renewal time.  I have been so immersed in "to Do" lists etc over the past while that I told David that this morning I just want to "drift".  Because of all of the activty lately, I now sit in a fairly tidy house, with food in the fridge.  There are pending activities, but I have control over the "when" of them--a trip to the library, spending a gift certificate I received for Christmas. "Drifting" ends this afternoon when I have a dental appointment, but it can resume immediately after.

Ravenesque was both a treat and exhausting.  Only three of us ended up enjoying supper and spending the evening, but my exhaustion must have shown because the other two packed up and left around 8:00.  I had been in "hostess" mode since 9:30, after having had a tiring day Sunday.  We all worked on projects, during the day, but knowing that I could be called upon to fetch and carry, I chose something that could be picked up and put down easily--a series of business cards.

But back to the pattern of life.  Now I must concentrate on my Milky Way piece and the beading that involves.  I showed the ladies yesterday and they seemed to think it was going well. After that there is another exhibition coming up, and the piece exists only in my head.  I anticipate that project will take me into the summer.  And I refuse to plan beyond that.

Today, with no apologies, I'm grateful that the holiday season is over.(although I still have to take the tree down and put the dishes away--maybe tomorrow)

No comments:

Post a Comment