Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Train Travel

Yes, I'm  still enamoured with the thought of train travel and coincidently this afternoon while I was cleaning up in the front room, I opened a video cupboard – you know those little cupboards that hold VHS and DVD movies and tend to be totally useless! I found an old VHS movie called The Great Canadian Train Ride and described as "a breathtaking transcontinental journey aboard the newly restored Canadian with stops in Toronto, Winnipeg, Saskatoon, Edmonton, Jasper, Banff, Lake Louise, The Canadian Rockies, Kamloops Vancouver and Victoria" It is dated 1993 so a bit out dated but yet I enjoyed watching it in the past and plan to view it again- likely not tonight but within a few days for sure. We have to get up and leave early for Harry's Mothers place so that we can tidy up a bit before the Real estate lady comes at 11 am so I'll go to bed early, read a bit and then try to get some sleep. It has been difficult lately to sleep well, and I cannot attribute it to anything particular other than the usual demons that tend to make me anxious and annoyed and stressed all the time haha
A quick trip to North Bay this morning in minus 30 degree weather to do a bit of shopping and take the boxes of game cards over to Mike's. He is working so it was just a drop off and no visits but I just spoke with him a few minutes ago, and as I called he was going through all the cards. I find it very interesting that what was a forgotten joy in his life for many years when he was younger, has now made a comeback and the cards and the thrill of the game are reborn so to speak! That's alright with me because I have just gained about four big boxes of space in my house although you would never know it. haha  I have discovered a new wonderful drink – Presidents Choice Chai Black tea bags but I mix it with hot milk instead of boiling water and it tastes very much like a hot Chai Latte which would cost me usually about $3.75 at the specialty store. The good part is that not only does it taste great, but I'm getting my daily amount of milk/calcium that I require. So that's it for now – take care.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment