Sunday, January 29, 2012

Sausages and snowblowers

The sausages are made and in the freezer – I just couldn't bring myself to cooking some tonight – too close to the actual making of them to suit me which I could not explain to Harry. But he bought a snow blower off Kijiji today and we drove to Sturgeon Falls to pick it up and then stopped into the Reserve on the way back and bought some frozen pickerel fillets – that's what we had for supper. It has snowed all day and piling up quickly but I have to admit my previous, present and ongoing reticence to using a snow blower which apparently, must change immediately! I guess I will have to see how I shall get by with using a snow blower instead of the exercise intensive shovelling that I so loved?
I must tell you of a weird coincidence that caught me off guard on Friday – I  was listening to a CBC radio show called "Living Out Loud" and the title of this show was The Ice, Snow and Hockey Show. During the segment on The Ice and Snow they interviewed Bill Connolly of Wallace Lake who talked about trapping and the wilderness and the snow around his cabin and Lake and suddenly I stopped what I was doing and wondered how on earth did they have Bill Connolly of Wallace Lake talking to them?? Was I in another dimension or could this be THE Bill Connolly of Wallace Lake – friend to Daddy, and familiar to me as I had visited him at this very cabin????   What do you think? I know for a fact that he could not be living still and if so, still living at his cabin on Wallace Lake! I even went into CBC.ca/livingoutloud just now for Jan 27 show and relistened to the broadcast again. I am sure I am losing it! Anyway, it has been a very busy, and long weekend, and maybe I should just go to bed and sleep it off haha! Take care everyone

No comments:

Post a Comment