Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Renewal time--Ha!

Lasted until about 11:00.  Then it was off to the bank, to buy groceries, and renew most of my prescriptions.  While I was out, I made the impulsive decision to have my hair cut, so took David home and then went off to have it done.  Over the past couple of months my hair has become much more gray, and it was very obvious in the mirror there.  Instead of scattered grey hairs, I now have grey streaks.  I remember Dad and Auntie Lorraine being in their 70"s before they were noticeably grey, so I guess Mom's genes strike again.  I am growing it a little longer than it's been in over 40 years.  Without my glasses, I felt my "old woman face" needed a different focus or balance.  Now I'm being teased for growing a "mullet", but the hairdresser told me today that, while the mullet is coming back to a certain extent, the sides are shaved, and I have no intention of doing that!  After the hairdresser, it was off to the dentist.  Whoopee!

During my shopping we also went to a local bead store with a gift certificate from Christmas. 
She was very nice and gave me the same discount as I would have had during their boxing day sale.  So I ended up with almost twice the value of the certificate, after the descount.  So this evening will be spent playing with, and sorting beads--probably in front of the tv.

No comments:

Post a Comment