Sunday, January 22, 2012

Plans and Passports

Enjoyed all your notes over past week or two and sorry I could not get into it, as much as I had hoped I could anyway.
It is said that one must have a plan for an adventure for the future – a vacation, or an extra special event, or a purchase etc. By having such a plan, one can focus on that event and make plans, and by doing so, can enjoy the "anticipation" or the "journey". I really missed not having my usual drive west to visit with my family last year. So, to rectify the situation, I am beginning to make my travel plans. Hope you are all OK with my presumption of visiting. I mailed off my passport renewal form and application, and money and of course the new picture. Went to Walmart and had my picture taken and I was shocked, to say the least, to realize what an old hag I am. They may not accept such a picture and my renewal may be denied – do you think they can do that? I am thinking of a three day drive this time (two nights on the road) It is really too long a drive to try to make 12 to 13 hours a day and the last time I came I admit I had "hit the wall" by the time I phoned Patty and Dave in sheer panic mode. Mind you, I also hit some really horrendous weather and the driving was terrible but nevertheless, it was too much. It is hard to believe that the time to travel will take 6 days – almost a week just to get there and back leaving not much time for the visit. But this time as well, I shall lengthen the planned visit to accommodate the travel. Also, I am saving all the American change I get, and watching the dollar rate closely so I can capitalize on the exchange to purchase American money. This is all assuming, again, that there may be an opportunity for us to take a quick trip to the USA to see what all the fun is (your trips sound great!) Also hoping for the usual wonderful time at the Lake but I shall only be bringing my blow up mattress and bedding – NO tenting this time around so I shall have to find a spot on the porch or the floor haha So you see, I am making some plans and I am already feeling some satisfaction and anticipation! What do you think??
Expecting temperatures of 8 degrees tomorrow and next day accompanied by rain or freezing rain. The roof is feet deep with snow and I heard someone talk about going on the roof tomorrow to shovel which means I stay on the ground and shovel it all away while trying to hold the ladder! Sounds like fun! There is a snow plough sitting in front of our house from Tuesdays storm when it apparently broke down – we heard them trying to work on it in the middle of the night and then one day a tire disappeared and the next day it reappeared again. Perhaps they are waiting for the next storm before they move it?
I love too hear about books you are reading as it gives me a few ideas although I still have a box of books that Harry bought at the auction to fall back on. I tend to find an author I like and then read all I can get of him/her. But I find now that I am tiring of this and want to experience different styles and types although the historical fiction still excites me. I liked the Stuart Woods novel Patty, and will likely find another soon – perhaps at the library.  I bought the fourth Christopher Paolini novel of his series but haven't been able to get at it either.
Take care for now everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment