Saturday, January 28, 2012

Turkey

Funny you mention a turkey as I have one outside on the front stairs – I use the front stairs as a freezer in the winter and this year came in really handy as I moved food from Mothers freezers to here – a lot I threw out but there was still some stuff OK like all the vegetables from the garden that I froze this summer. But we bought some turkeys on sale before Christmas and since we had no room here I put them into Mothers refrigerator freezer to store and there was one left which is now on my front stairs. But with the mild weather lately I have had my eye on it and wondering if we will have to have a turkey dinner sometime soon. So far it is solid frozen in spite of the rain last week, but I don't want to take any chances. In my cleaning up and trying to make order out of chaos ( will never happen haha) I have been bringing extra small appliances upstairs to clean and see if they work. We must have about five of everything! anyway, one real find for me was the electric meat grinder – I have had a real desire to make a real shepherds pie with ground up roast beef such as we had at home. My pies have usually been ground beef (hamburger meat) based of late. So as I cleaned it up and feeling happy to find it again Harry got interested and decided to make some sausages with it as it has that attachment. This morning we went to Sprucedale to check on the house, and then directly to North Bay to check on Mikes place and his cat. While there we went into No Frills and Harry bought ground pork and beef and then we went to a Butcher store and I bought some intestines for casing – tomorrow we make sausages!! Mike is in Gogama up North, on an outdoors Course, so we had to check on his cat. He is really loving having a little cat and it makes good company for him – that is when he is home! There was a big notice taped to his door from the Financial Institution that has taken over the mortgage from the previous owners, and it states "notice" that they are selling it under a power of sale, and Mike must comply with all requests to show the apt to prospective buyers on 24 hours notice. The other two units on the second and third floors are empty. I sure hope it goes Ok for him as he doesn't deserve all this mess due to others problems. I loved to see all your beads on the tables Patty but it took me a few hard looks to orient myself to the direction of the photo but I finally did. Hope you got the table cleared so you can get back to your wonderful work. And Cathy I was thrilled to hear of you taking a course in needle felting – good for you. Please keep us informed of your progress, and it is a good mix to have McGrath and Hughes "likes" in your life. Remember how involved I was in Theatre in my teens – much to the chagrin of Mom I think especially when I think of them driving me and picking me up so often. When we  went to Rainbow stage on my last visit, I was taken back in time and had so many good thoughts of the past. Even though I'm not doing much with my "McGrath" side lately, it's nice to know its there! Have fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment