Thursday, January 26, 2012

Flowering cactus

My "Maplewood Ave" cactus has another bud on it. This is only the second time in the many years that I've been nursing it, that it has produced a flower. So long ago (years ago but I cannot remember how many?) Dave gave me a slip from the original – it never flourished, but then it never died either – just sort of stayed stagnant. We put all the flowers outside in the summer and it seemed to like this and actually seemed to grow a few more leaves. But to glance at it today I was overjoyed to see the bud. Now I shall enjoy each day to see how it matures and blossoms! I am really overdoing my work lately and my body is feeling it – decided I must do something to try to tidy up and since I was the only one to do it, I have gone at it full force. In the midst of the tidying yesterday I found my sewing ( at the bottom of the pile!) and had some fun looking at the quilt I had being doing and all the yoyos that I was making to be embellished onto the front of the quilt. And my prayer shawl that I had been knitting- sitting in the same box where I left it so long ago. I don't really think that my hands would allow me to do much knitting now, or for that matter make yoyos either, as I am finding it difficult to do even little chores that require manual dexterity without trouble managing or without pain /discomfort. Oh, poor me!! What I can do though, is hold a book and read which I shall go off and do now before bed. That should make me feel better, right! BTW Cathy when is your next crib match – I have lost track and want to be sure to be thinking of you as you play. Will I have to book a trip to the Nationals – where are they being held this year? Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment