Saturday, January 28, 2012

Turkey, too

Turkey  is a regular part of out diet.  But we are very dependant on Cathy for our lovely Hutterite turkeys. Sure don't ever want to have to get one from a grocery store again!  We usually freeze it in gravy in meal size portions, and have it it every couple of weeks or so. Tonight we had a special meal--steak, home fried potatoes and fried mushrooms.  This was a real treat.  I can't remember the last time we had it.  I've been under the weather the last couple of days and not eating, so by supper time I was really hungry.

I completely re-organized my beads. Instead of having every different bead in it'sown container, I put them into bags by colour.  I came to realize that I usually work with several different types of bead, although within one colour family.  Hopefully, this will make the whole collection easier to manage.Unfortunately, when I was about finished, I found a whole shoe box full of more beads.  Ah well, another day.  I promised myself a "fun" day, when the job was done, so I have plans for tomorrow.  I have a small pile to share with my Ravenesque group, and a couple of small bags that I plan to offer to Amber in hopes that Samantha's nursery school might be able to use them. I'm pretty sure that Amber won't want them for her children to throw all over their bedroom floors. Amber called this morning to cancel their visit tomorrow, so we haven't had a chance to talk about any plans for summer.

Thursday we were off to the library.  Puddles everywhere.  Just about the same thing yesterday when we were shopping.  I imagine it will be your way tomorrow, Beth.  Almost scarey isn't it?  While David was in the library, I stepped into Giant Tiger. There was an older, somewhat dishevelled man who was talking loudly about the prices he was finding, and comparing them to prices in other local stores.  Unfortunately, his loud talk was obscenity laden, "  Holy F-- will you look at that!  F--king 87 cents!"   He and I had quite a chat about the price of rice. But everyone was quietly giggling, as they listened to him. Then I spoke to the checker who told me that she had been forced to retire early, but that her former company was so happy to see her go they fully funded her pension, and she was dancing all the way to the bank.  Then we had a chat about how older workers are treated in the workplace.  Are your shopping trips ever like this,  or is it just me?

No comments:

Post a Comment