Sunday, January 8, 2012

Research about Egg in the Hole

Not really great or earth shattering information that I share with you now, but you struck a cord when you spoke about "eggs in the hole" By the way I made some for breakfast this morning just because the thought was there haha. Sometime ago I got a recipe book – I think in a box of books Harry got at a garage sale? But for some reason I really enjoyed reading it and have many times taken it up to reread or just browse. I tried the yeast pizza from this book that I told you folks about long ago. Anyway as I lay in bed thinking about your message Patty – quite profound in my opinion and started to get me thinking about life in general but also about eggs in the hole. We did have them at home because I can remember having the bread hole piece also fried and then put on top of the egg to serve and it was this piece that I liked to eat. But I digress. In this recipe book the author explains everything about the dish she is sharing and so it becomes a story as well as real recipes with step by step instructions. here is what she says about "eggs in the hole" – while I insist the proper, official name is egg-in-the –hole, here are the different incarnations that have cropped up since: egg in a basket; chicken in a basket; frog in a hole; toad in a hole; egg basket; bird's nest egg; toad hole; egg hole; pop eyes; egg toast; private eyes. She ends with the following thrown in for comic relief: or bird's Nest egg in a hole Basket Toad Chicken Frog. You both may actually enjoy reading this book if you could find a copy : The Pioneer Woman Cooks – Recipes from as Accidental Country Girl. by Ree Drummond 2009 Harper Collins Books. ISBN 978-0-06-165819-8 (also www.ThePioneerWoman.com)
At Sprucedale all day – Real estate came and took pictures and measurements and the house will go on the market on Friday Jan 13 – that's this Friday - so I can tell you without doubt the rest of my week is filled – no room for anymore social engagements, I'm sorry! But there are a few plumbing problems that Harry and I discovered while trying to disconnect the washing machine so to make a long story short ( you don't really want to hear the details!) a handyman that we had called upon before to go to Mothers was called and he will come tomorrow at 10 to help Harry fix – we bought some parts to day at Canadian Tire in Huntsville. We had to go there to drop off a van full of boxes at his sisters place. There are still about two more vans full of boxes waiting at the house to be transported so likely make another trip to her house again tomorrow and then on Thursday Harry and her husband (also called Harry) will move the washer and dryer. She does not want the freezer now so it will come here – likely be stored beside the three china cabinets and the organ sitting in the front room - ha (only one "ha" this time because its not really that funny anymore)
So have yourselves a merry little week this week and keep writing- I hope to be able to log on to check but maybe lack the energy to do much more! Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment