Saturday, January 28, 2012

Learning new things that everyone else knows

Today I am taking a class in needle felting. It's a beginners class for people with two left hands. They also have knitting and crocheting. Maybe it is time for me to explore the McGrath side of my heritage. (Though I still love acting !!!) Rrain is taking it too. She's the one that talked me into it. It could be a fun thing for the two of us to do together. Beats going to the Legion all the time. I have also taken a turkey out for supper tomorrow, and the next day and the next day and..........I am going to make some casseroles and pies to freeze. I have Monday and Tuesday off work I saved some holidays for snow days but it doesn't seem that I will need them anytime soon. I think they said we have had less than 1/4 of our usual snowfall and this has been the warmest January in history It kind of makes you wonder what is happening. Being a typical Manitoban I keep saying that we are going to pay for it someday. Our puppy is growing. You don't notice it when you see her everyday but when I take a good look I can tell. There is no way she would fit into the box that she came home in. I took a bunch of clothes to the Salvation Army yesterday. I still kept some things that "shrank" while hanging in my closet, but I don't think I will ever fit into them again. I have good intentions but food gets in the way. Our next cribbage game isn't until February 11. If we move on from there we go to The Pas. That will be a long drive. The only Command tournaments I have been to have been in Winnipeg and Dauphin. We'll see what happens. I am going to make my grocery list so that I will have lots of good food to go with my turkey. Have a great week

No comments:

Post a Comment