Thursday, December 12, 2013

A little more for today...

Well, I got through the day OK so before bed I'll finish my thoughts from this morning. I wanted to tell you what the daily inspirational saying was: Ever wish that your family knew how much they really mean to you and how much you need them? Go ahead and tell them!  I thought this was very profound especially since I was laying in bed during the night and thinking this very thought. Sometimes I think that the saying is written after having read my mind as so often the words complement my very thoughts or state of mind on that particular day. 
I must tell you about making my first batch of sourdough cinnamon rolls the other day. I told you I made my sourdough starter a while back and now it was ready to bake something. I got all the ingredients out on the counter and painstakingly measured every thing perfectly and followed the recipe perfectly so as to produce the perfect rolls. It was going along nicely and as I popped the pan into the oven I could hardly wait for them to bake as they looked wonderful. As I waited for them, I put all the ingredient containers back into the cupboards and suddenly, it hit me as I grabbed the brown sugar bin I did not put any brown sugar over the butter before sprinkling the cinnamon on .Too late as they were rolled up and cut and baking in the oven. So, I am eating my cinnamon rolls that are not gooey but quite dry although not too bad with lots of butter on the warmed roll. Lesson learned: I don't know actually as I thought I was being so smart!!!
Well that's all folks. It is still snowing out by the way and cold. Sounds like Winnipeg and Manitoba eh? Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment