Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Cathy's mind

I'm still trying to reconcile myself to the fact that I read Pati's post a couple of times and still thought it said Pita Parties.  I couldn't figure out what Pita had to do with anything written!  I guess that goes with Rrain's Cannibals of Christmas (as opposed to Canticles)  We had our "Christmas" VCC meeting today.  Despite saying they would be there, a couple of people cancelled at the last minute.  We only had a quorum because I said I had Dennis's proxy.  Of course we had a couple of bottles of wine, too, which helped.  One board member arrived drunk (again) which put a twist on the meeting,but we made it through.  Shirley (at work) had to take her cats to the vets today.  She was going to come in early and then go home (north) to get the cats and head to the vets (south)  She must have listened to us, cause she arrived at work with the kittens in a travel box, ready to go to Brandon; They are so cute.  The last kitten we had was Garfield.  He was 4 months old when Kris got him in January of 1989.  I had forgotten how much fun kittens are.   We had to upgrade our satelite dish again, for our tv.  You would think they would provide it free when they change satelites, but we had to get a new dish for $99 +tax/  We also needed a new heater for the rec room.  I guess we will put off getting a new fridge for a couple of years.  Time to pack it again for another night.  I really enjoyed spring yesterday.  Too bad we are headed back to the deep freeze.

No comments:

Post a Comment