Sunday, December 8, 2013

Still here...

Seems like a very long weekend and not much to show for it. But I'll still send a few words to keep the ball rolling. The CTV station held their annual Christmas Children's telethon yesterday and I watched the entire show from 2 pm to 11 pm. Of course, a few rest periods to eat and take the dog out. The live entertainment was for the most part enjoyable - some left something to be desired but good for them to appear on the TV show. The goal was for $285, 000 and at sign off, they had reached over $292,000 so it was a success. Housework and laundry consumed the rest of my time. I had to "get out" this morning so walked over to the grocery store and bought a bag of milk and dozen eggs, but used my time wisely while in the store to browse at all the nice Christmas displays and fancy food offerings and found it all very stress relieving. We started another Nielsen Homescan Survey on line - part of the food scanning I do every time we shop. This survey requires you to log all that you eat and drink for a week. Apparently there may be a reward at the end - probably additional points towards our total accumulated so far haha  I have a book I bought last week at the Resource Centre about Christmas and Advent which I plan to read as a treat before bed tonight. Have been following the Curling on the news from Winnipeg - the Olympic Trials and so it turns out the Winnipeg team has won the Women's and just now on the news I heard that the Sault Ste Marie Team has won the Men's. I'm happy for these young men as they have really advanced quickly to the world's stage and are always highlighted on our local news because being from Northern Ontario. Well, here's to another week about to start. I have my Eye appointment on Wednesday and not soon enough for me - maybe he can make me see better haha
Hope all is well with you folks Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment