Friday, December 13, 2013

Pity Parties

I have no problem with the occasional private pity party.  Wallow in for a bit, play "what if" for a bit, rant and wail at the gods.  At some point your sense of the ridiculous will take over, and  your brain will grab your heart by the throat and say " Suck it up Buttercup.  Let's figure out how to play the hand we've been dealt".  I think that if you don't give yourself this type of opportunity, the need will sneak up on you and catch you at unfortunate times.  This way once you have dealt with the emotions, and come up with a plan, you have a prepared internal response, if and when it catches you by surprise.  A constructive way to turn your emotional energy into action.

I had thought my wrapping was done, having spent most of the day at it.  We tidied up the kitchen, sorted out old wrapping paper to take to the thrift shop, and put everything away under the stairs.  Then I discovered two more parcels in a spot other than the one I had been working from.  Maybe tomorrow.  

With laundry and gift wrapping, I have been busy most of the day. Yesterday I spent the day at the Gallery.  As part of our contract, we are required to spend, at least, one day per week, in the gallery, and available to the public. Lately, I am finding that I am spending very little time in the studio.  I'm not sure if that is because the show has been hung, and my muse needs a break, or if the trips up and down the stairs are just too much, more than once or twice a day.  The muse is certainly active, even if it isn't being translated into art.  The ideas are flowing, and I should be getting them down on paper.  Maybe tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment